News Podcast Assistant Producer
VPM is planning to hire an Assistant Producer for a weekly news/public affairs podcast that explores political/societal issues impacting Richmond and the surrounding region. The podcast also answers questions about how government works and features guests who are working to make a difference in their communities.
The Assistant Producer’s responsibilities are as follows:
- Attend planning meetings
- Research possible interview topics/guests
- Contact and pre-interview guests
- Write up pre-interview notes and suggested questions for the host
- Coordinate logistics for in-studio and remote interviews
- Identify music for use in episodes
- Upload audio files to Descript and perform initial cleanup before sending to lead producer for script editing
- Upload finished episodes to VPM’s internal server and send to staff
This is an independent contractor position. The job can be done remotely, however, the assistant producer must be available to help record interviews at VPM. Pay is competitive and based on the Association for Independents in Radio rate guide. Anticipated start time is spring 2024.
To apply, please contact Meg Lindholm, VPM’s Director of Podcast Production at [email protected] Please put News Assistant Producer in the subject line and include a resume and/or links to your bio/website, work samples and indicate why you are interested in and qualified for this job. Applications will be accepted until the job is filled.
EOE M/F/D/V VPM reserves the right to alter, change, modify, and/or terminate this job posting at any time without notice, or obligation, to any party.