VPM Daily Newscast: Jan. 12, 2023
The VPM Daily Newscast contains all your Central Virginia news in just 5 to 10 minutes. Episodes are recorded the night before.
Here’s a recap of the top stories on the morning of Jan. 12, 2023:
Youngkin offers vision in State of the Commonwealth address
Reported by VPM News’ Jahd Khalil
On Wednesday, Gov. Glenn Youngkin led his proposals with a competitive tone on the economy during his State of the Commonwealth address.
Outed Chesterfield student worried about Youngkin’s draft transgender policy
Reported by VPM News’ Megan Pauly
A Midlothian high school student is concerned about the Youngkin administration’s policy guiding the treatment of transgender students — and the proposal’s potential harm, if it takes effect unchanged.
A spokesperson for RIC said delays are possible Thursday, but most scheduled flights should be close to normal.
In other news:
- Man wrongly accused of planning Richmond mass shooting says he was attacked in jail (Richmond Times Dispatch)
- Third inmate at Richmond City Jail dies in three months, investigation ongoing (WRIC)
- 'It's happening in the bathrooms': Widespread misconduct reported at [Albemarle High School] (The Daily Progress)
In case you missed it:
- Former Virginia Beach councilmember Aaron Rouse wins state Senate seat (VPM News)
- Robin Inn to be replaced by new restaurant (Ricmond BizSense)