Human Resources Assistant
On behalf of our client, VPM, we are conducting a search for a Human Resources Assistant responsible for completing administrative duties in all areas of human resources. This role requires hands on involvement and support in both day to day and long-term deliverables to include, but not limited to: human resources policies, procedures, and practices, payroll, staffing, regulatory compliance, benefits, and record management and reporting. This over time eligible position reports to the Senior Director of Human Resources.
Summary of Job Responsibilities and Requirements
- Assists in the administration of HR policies, practices and procedures.
- Data entry and administration of payroll and employee benefits.
- Assists with employment process including screening.
- Responsible for administration and tracking of benefits, leave of absence management including FMLA, related policies and procedures, along with employee and supervisor communications.
- Maintains all physical and electronic HR records and ensures proper record management and reporting in accordance with applicable laws and licensing regulations; safeguards confidentiality and security as well as accuracy and currency.
- Performs additional responsibilities related to the success of the organization.
Key Qualifications, Skills, and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in HR or related area; a combination of relevant course work, certification and excellent work experience may be considered in lieu of a Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum 2 years HR experience with emphasis in payroll and / or benefits administration.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Data entry experience with automated HR systems to include payroll systems; Dominion Payroll Services highly desirable.
- Excellent customer relations and acts with the customer in mind.
- Attention to details, planning and organizing skill.
- Effective, proactive written and oral communication proficiency, consultation and relationship building.
- Non-profit and / or public media industry experience a plus.
- Maintains strict adherence to the organization’s policy on confidentiality in all matters and other business information about the organization.
- Skilled with Word, Excel, and Outlook, as well as experience with standard office equipment.
- Experience with automated systems, especially payroll systems including system implementation and integration experience.
- Seeks and participates in continuing education or professional development related to the position, the organization, or both.
- Typical work schedule is Monday through Friday with minimal travel.
- Successfully complete pre-employment background screening.
Competitive Salary & Benefits Package including health, dental, basic life, AD&D and voluntary life insurance, STD & LTD, Flexible Spending Account, PTO, 403(b), and more!
Apply by sending your resume, cover letter and salary requirements to [email protected]. This position will remain open until filled.
EOE M/F/D/V VPM reserves the right to alter, change, modify, and/or terminate this job posting at any time without notice, or obligation, to any party.
VPM is the largest locally owned and operated public media company in Central Virginia. As Virginia’s home for public media, VPM provides the best of PBS, NPR and locally developed programming coupled with a strong set of community-based programs and services designed to make an important impact in the areas of arts and culture, news, history, science and education. Each week, the stations are accessible to nearly 2 million people across Central Virginia and the Shenandoah Valley.
VPM has 100+ full time employees and a budget of $16+M. This non-profit organization offers a friendly, collaborative work environment and the opportunity to have a positive impact on their mission which is to use the power of media to educate, entertain, and inspire! Learn more at www.VPM.org.