As Virginia’s home for public media, VPM connects nearly 2 million people across Central Virginia and the Shenandoah Valley to insightful programming in arts and culture, news and education.
Why Choose VPM
Sponsors who choose VPM gain association with public media, one of the most trusted institutions in America. VPM is locally owned and deeply rooted in the region not only as a broadcaster, but also as a media partner to arts & culture institutions and provider of children’s educational resources. Your support builds a connection with these loyal audiences who also support the station financially.
VPM operates public television stations VPM PBS, VPM Plus, VPM PBS KIDS, lifestyle channel VPM Create and international program channel VPM WORLD, as well as Richmond NPR station VPM News (88.9 FM) and VPM Music (107.3 FM, 93.1 FM and 88.9-HD2). In the Northern Neck (89.1 FM) and Southside Virginia (90.1 FM), listeners receive a combination of news and music.
- Educated: They prioritize education and lifelong learning for themselves and their families
- Influential: They drive trends through word of mouth and influence corporate and social networks
- Cultural: Passionate about the arts, they relish music, theater and museums
- Community-Minded: They care about the future of the communities we serve, participate in local initiatives and are highly active in the community
Show your target audience that your business is connected to what matters by investing in trusted, local media that informs and inspires.
- Television: 15-second messages presented in a calm, clutter-free environment to reach over 220,000 monthly viewers.3
- Radio: 15-second messages delivered to 112,7004 unduplicated weekly listeners in a straightforward and objective style.
- Digital: Display advertising on VPM.org, which garners 212,000+ page views and 112,000+ unique visitors per month.5 Live stream audio pre-roll exposure across more than 152,811 on-demand streaming sessions per month and over 220,000 total impressions per month.6
- Podcasts: 15-second pre-roll and mid-roll messages with dynamic ad placement, plus production funding opportunities.
- Newsletters: Banner ads reaching 30,500 subscribers in Richmond and 9,300 subscribers in the Shenandoah Valley each week.
3 TRAC Media Services, 28-Day Cume People 2+ (Jun-Sep 2022, WCVE-TV) 4 Arbitron: Radio Research Consortium, Inc., Apr.-Jun. 2022 5 Google Analytics, Oct. 2021 – Oct. 2022. 6 Triton Digital (monthly average Aug-Oct 2022) and Triton Digital, Fall 2022