Human Resources Assistant
VPM is a public media organization serving Central Virginia and the Shenandoah Valley. The VPM News team produces award-winning journalism for our NPR station in Richmond and distribution across our digital channels to over 2 million people in VPM’s coverage area. As an independent, non-profit service, we strive to create and serve a more informed public.
We are looking for a Human Resources Assistant responsible for completing administrative duties in all areas of human resources. This role requires hands on involvement and support in both day-to-day and long-term deliverables to include: human resources policies, procedures, and practices, payroll, staffing, regulatory compliance, benefits, and record management and reporting. This position reports to the Director of Human Resources.
VPM believes attracting and retaining diverse staff is crucial to serving our community and fulfilling our mission to create and serve a more informed public.
• Data entry and administration of payroll and employee benefits.
• Assists in the administration of HR policies, practices and procedures.
• Assists with employment process including screening.
• Responsible for administration and tracking of benefits, leave of absence management including FMLA, related policies and procedures, along with employee and supervisor communications.
• Maintains all physical and electronic HR records and ensures proper record management
and reporting in accordance with applicable laws and licensing regulations; safeguards confidentiality and security as well as accuracy and currency.
• Oversees selection process for Internship Program.
• Bachelor’s degree in HR or related area; a combination of relevant course work, certification and excellent work experience may be considered in lieu of a Bachelor’s degree.
• 2 years HR experience with emphasis in payroll and / or benefits administration.
• Data entry experience with automated HR systems to include payroll systems; Dominion Payroll Services highly desirable.
• Skilled in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
• Attention to details, planning and organizing skill.
• Effective written and oral communication, consultation and relationship building.
• Non-profit and / or public media industry experience a plus.
• Proven ability to consistently work well with others, demonstrating respect for diverse constituencies.
Apply by sending your resume to [email protected] The position will remain open until filled.
EOE M/F/D/V VPM reserves the right to alter, change, modify, and/or terminate this job posting at any time without notice, or obligation, to any party.