VPM is a public media organization serving Central Virginia and the Shenandoah Valley. The VPM News team produces award-winning journalism for our NPR station in Richmond and distribution across our digital channels to over 2 million people in VPM’s coverage area. As an independent, non-profit service, we strive to create and serve a more informed public.
We are looking for a Membership Manager to support VPM’s growing Membership Program. This role oversees and executes all membership level gift entry ($1-1,199) while critically reviewing and maintaining accurate, up-to-date donor records in the database. The Membership Manager ensures all members feel appreciated for their financial support by answering donor questions with kindness, patience, and respect, anticipating needs when possible. The ideal candidate brings an attention-to-detail while possessing strong interpersonal skills of patience, diplomacy, and optimism. Working with the entire Membership Team to build and maintain a strong revenue pipeline to support VPM’s mission and revenue goals, you will report to the Director of Membership.
VPM believes attracting and retaining diverse staff is crucial to serving our community and fulfilling our mission to create and serve a more informed public.
• Oversees and executes accurate and timely gift entry for all membership level giving from various sources; including but not limited to checks, matching gifts, car donations, and imported giving history from online payment processors.
• Maintains up-to-date donor records within the Customer Relationship Management database (CRM).
• Supports station staff with reporting requests.
• Provides outstanding customer service by contacting members to verify giving intentions.
• Acts as a member resource, staying current with programming, station initiatives and donor tools like VPM Passport and the VPM Member Portal, ensuring donors feel a strong connection to the station and appreciation for their gifts.
• Serves as an advocate for our members, continually examining front-facing resources (webpages, member portal, donation pages) and sharing persistent concerns with internal staff to improve overall donor experience; including but not limited to VPM webpages.
• Works closely with the Membership Services Associate to ensure timely acknowledgement of donor giving.
• Works with the Accounting team to develop and execute procedures to maintain and continually improve the secure protocols for gift entry.
• Works closely with Director of Membership and the Analytics Manager to maximize use of database tools for the individual giving program, ensuring data integrity across platforms.
• Participates in on-air membership campaigns.
• Minimum 2-3 years equivalent non-profit development experience.
• Experience managing constituent records in a customer-relationship management database, especially Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge and Luminate Online preferred.
• Possesses a passion for public broadcasting and its mission and deep knowledge of program content.
• Demonstrated proficiency with Windows PC products, including Outlook, Word and Excel.
• Possesses strong organizational skills with strong attention to detail.
• Ability to work effectively within a team environment with minimal supervision.
• Demonstrated ability to manage and prioritize competing demands and deadlines.
• Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality regarding donor and team information.
• Flexibility to work-from-home with appropriate high-speed internet.
Apply by sending your resume to [email protected] The position will remain open until filled.
EOE M/F/D/V VPM reserves the right to alter, change, modify, and/or terminate this job posting at any time without notice, or obligation, to any party.