VPM is seeking an organized, data-driven Development Analyst to join our Development Team.
This individual will be detail-oriented and able to navigate multiple systems to support the department’s operation with gift entry as well as the production of printed and email newsletters. This role requires an individual who is well-organized, solutions-oriented and a self-starter.
VPM is a public media organization serving Central Virginia and the Shenandoah Valley. Our teams produce documentaries, TV series and digital content. The VPM News team produces award-winning journalism for our NPR and PBS stations with distribution across our digital channels to over 2 million people in VPM’s coverage area. Additionally, VPM has recently acquired a 40-year-old weekly publication and website, Style Weekly, that covers arts and culture. As an independent, non-profit service, we strive to create and serve a more informed public.
VPM believes attracting and retaining diverse staff is crucial to serving our community and fulfilling our mission to create and serve a more informed public.
• Processes gifts and payments for VPM’s major donors in Blackbaud’s Raiser’s Edge database.
• Picks up checks from VPM offices 2-3 times/week, maintaining gift entry in CRM.
• Prepares recurring/annual acknowledgment letter.
• Maintains accurate and up to date database information.
• Plans editorial schedule and prepare weekly e-newsletter for major donors.
• Plans editorial schedule and prepare monthly hard-copy newsletter for major donors.
• Assists Development department with donor event implementation and execution.
• Assists with donor mailings as needed.
• Attends weekly meetings of the major gifts, content and digital editorial departments to bring back pipeline content information.
• Prepares weekly and quarterly reports for department and individual representatives.
• Assists with creation of VPM’s annual report, working with the President/CEO and Marketing/Communications.
• Maintains and orders office supplies for Development department.
• Non-profit development experience is preferred.
• Demonstrated proficiency with Windows, Word, Excel, and SharePoint.
• Demonstrated proficiency with modern web-hosted Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and marketing automation tools, experience with Raiser’s Edge a plus.
• Possesses strong interpersonal skills, positive attitude, and ability to work independently and part of a team.
• Possesses strong writing and communication skills.
• Demonstrated organizational skills with strong attention to detail.
• Ability to manage and prioritize competing demands and deadlines.
• Proven experience managing and maintaining confidential information.
• Possesses a valid Virginia driver’s license.
Apply by sending your resume and cover letter to [email protected]
The position will remain open until filled. VPM reserves the right to alter, change, modify, and/or terminate this job posting at any time without notice, or obligation, to any party.