VPM Daily Newscast: Jan. 30, 2023
The VPM Daily Newscast contains all your Central Virginia news in just 5 to 10 minutes. Episodes are recorded the night before.
Listeners can subscribe through NPR One, Apple Podcasts, Megaphone, Spotify and wherever you get your podcasts.
Here’s a recap of the top stories on the morning of Jan. 30, 2023:
Abortion debate is personal for this Henrico County woman
Reported by VPM News’ Megan Pauly
At about week six of her pregnancy, Martha contracted COVID-19 — even though she’d received a booster vaccine shot about a month before. She ended up developing a high fever and was ill for five days.
In other news:
- Youngkin claims students were wronged. College experts say they needn’t worry. (The Washington Post)
- Brackney attorney faces steep climb if he appeals, lawyers say (The Daily Progress)
- Former dean, Liberty University clash in $20M lawsuit (The News & Advance)
In case you missed it:
- Warner, Spanberger warn about Chinese Communist Party influence (Richmond Times-Dispatch)
- Rivanna River pedestrian bridge too pricey for VDOT (The Daily Progress)