Daniel Vosovic: Hats Off to Alice (and to Eskimos)
Season Two's Daniel Vosovic will be as mad as a hatter this Halloween with his Alice-in-Wonderland themed costume. But when he was a kid, he took any chance he could to be a superhero.
"I remember wearing this ridiculous Superman costume," he says. "I think I probably first got it when I was four and continued to wear it until I was eight or nine. So the sleeves came up to my elbows and the pants came up to my calves, but I didn't care."
For trick-or-treaters who aren't into Lewis Carroll, Daniel suggests a northern exposure.
"An Eskimo outfit is really cute and really easy to make," he says. "If you go to a fabric store, there's always cost-efficient fake fur. Cut out two rectangles and sew up on each side to make a vest. Add booties, cuffs and a hat."
1. Wear a top hat. Place a playing card in the brim.
2. Find a cheap old blazer and take it to a tailor to add piping -- it's very cheap and very noticeable.
3. Use a big piece of scrap fabric for a bow tie.
Alice in Wonderland
1. Put an oversized floppy bow in your hair.
2. Take a white apron and place over a full dress.
3. To make it extra youthful, add ankle socks!
Copyright 2023 NPR. To see more, visit https://www.npr.org.