How to make cauliflower curry
This wonderful vegetarian dish pairs well with the viognier wine from Flying Fox Vineyard. It appears in “ Un-Wine’d,” which airs Saturdays at 1:00 p.m. on VPM PBS.
What You’ll Need:
- 1 T. olive oil
- 1 medium red onion, finely minced
- 2 large cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 t. ginger root, finely minced
- 1 ½ t. ground coriander
- 1 ½ t. ground cumin
- 2 ½ t. ground turmeric
- 1 T. curry powder
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into ¾” cubes
- 14 ounce can coconut milk
- 4 cups cooked jasmine rice
- Lime wedges for garnish
- 1 medium head cauliflower cut into florets
- 3 T. finely minced cilantro
- 1 T. fresh lime juice
- 14 ounce can fire roasted tomatoes with juice
- 14 ounce can garbanzo beans, drained but not rinsed
- 2 T. red curry paste
- Stock pot
Step 1: Heat the oil in a stock pot. Add the onions, garlic and ginger root. Saute until softened.
Step 2: Stir in the coriander, cumin, turmeric, and curry powder. Cook, stirring occasionally, for one minute to bloom the seasonings.
Step 3: Stir in the Sweet potatoes, cauliflower and cilantro and continue sauteing for 5 minutes to begin to soften the vegetables.
Step 4: Pour in the lime juice and tomatoes with juice. Cook for 5 minutes.
Step 5: Then add the garbanzo beans, curry paste, and coconut milk. Continue to cook until the cauliflower is softened but not calling apart.
Step 6: Place the rice in four single serving bowls and top each with ¼ of the cauliflower curry.
Step 7: Serve with a lime wedge to squeeze over the curry.