This creamy chicken salad with avocado is a tasty, light dinner
This creamy chicken salad pairs well with the Sauvignon Blanc from Delaplane Cellars and appears in Un-Wine’d, which airs Saturdays at 1:00 p.m. on VPM PBS.
What You’ll Need:
- 4 - 5 ounce chicken breasts, grilled and cut into cubes
- 10 to 12 slices bacon, cooked to crisp and crumbled
- 10 ounces frozen corn, thawed
- 2 large ripe avocados, cut into cubes
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced (or the equivalent chopped fresh chives)
- ¼ c finely minced red bell pepper, optional
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 4 T. olive oil
- 2 T. freshly chopped dill
- 1 t. Kosher salt
- ½ t. Black pepper
- 2 mixing bowls
Step 1: In a medium bowl, mix together the chicken, bacon, corn, avocados, onions or chives, and red bell pepper.
Step 2: In a small bowl, mix together the lemon juice, olive oil, chopped dill, salt, and pepper. Blend well then pour over the chicken mixture.
Step 3: Stir to coat and serve over mixed salad greens, or on a bun or croissant.
Step 4: If serving this as a salad, double the dressing recipe to drizzle over the salad greens and use sliced red bell peppers as a garnish.
Serves 4 to 6 entree portions.