Digital Fundraising Specialist
VPM is searching for a Digital Fundraising Specialist to support VPM’s digital fundraising strategy and execution across our email, social media and web platforms. This role assists our development department with email marketing and social media campaigns that coordinate with already established methods.
VPM is a public media organization serving Central Virginia and the Shenandoah Valley. Our teams produce documentaries, TV series and digital content. The VPM News team produces award-winning journalism for our NPR and PBS stations with distribution across our digital channels to over 2 million people in VPM’s coverage area. VPM Music is home to a 24/7 blend of classical, jazz and world music serving the Richmond region. Additionally, VPM has recently acquired a 40-year-old weekly publication and website, Style Weekly, that covers arts and culture. As an independent, non-profit service, we strive to create and serve a more informed public.
VPM believes attracting and retaining diverse staff is crucial to serving our community and fulfilling our mission to create and serve a more informed public.
• Ensures digital fundraising campaign planning and execution by managing emails, landing pages, tools & graphics for online fundraising activities including donation forms, e-commerce store and digital event management.
• Oversees digital fundraising and engagement initiatives to acquire, renew, and retain members.
• Works closely with the Digital team to ensure proper coordination of efforts on social media platforms.
• Coordinates and monitors the maintenance, integrity, and security of several databases.
• Ensures proper coding/tracking of list segmentation for all direct and interactive marketing.
• Creates and manages web donation pages.
• Works with development team to create, test, and manage new fundraising initiatives.
• Manages development newsletters.
• Maintains the support pages on the web site.
• Strong computer skills with in-depth knowledge of relevant software including CRMs, MS Office, Mailchimp, and social media platforms.
• Demonstrated experience with email marketing including newsletters and related work experience in direct response fundraising.
• Excellent writing and communication skills.
• Demonstrated knowledge of current and emerging trends, issues, & methods in eMarketing and fundraising.
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Strong ability to prioritize and manage multiple duties, with minimum supervision in a team environment.
• Ability to work flexible hours when necessary, including weekends and evenings.
• Enthusiasm for public media and a familiarity with non-profit work preferred.
Apply by sending your resume and cover letter to [email protected]. The position will remain open until filled.
VPM reserves the right to alter, change, modify, and/or terminate this job posting at any time without notice, or obligation, to any party.