How to make summer fruit salad with grilled chicken and stilton
This recipe is an old stand-by for me. When I take guests to a winery for a lunch in the summer, you can bet this is the first recipe I think about! Change up the protein or fruits to make a totally different salad. I love this with salmon, grilled tuna, or beef, and autumn fruits and nuts with greens are great with this dressing as well!
This recipe appears in Un-Wine’d, which airs Saturdays at 1:00 p.m. on VPM PBS. Watch past seasons and current episodes on the PBS app or PBS website. Check the broadcast schedule for local listings. Discover more recipes here.
What You’ll Need:
- 8 ounces fresh mixed salad greens
- 4 grilled chicken breasts, sliced
- ½ large red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 pint strawberries, washed, hulled, and sliced
- ½ pint blueberries
- ½ pint raspberries
- ¼ large pineapple, cut into cubes
- 8 ounces high quality blue cheese, at room temperature
- ½ c. honey
- 3 T. Dijon mustard
- ¾ c. Seasoned Rice Wine Vinegar
- 3/4 c. olive oil
- ½ t. Salt
- ¼ t. Black pepper
- 2 T. poppyseeds
Step 1: Arrange the greens, chicken, onions, and fruit on a plate or platter then top with blue cheese. Blend all the dressing ingredients together in a small jar or bowl and serve with the salad.