VPM Daily Newscast: Jan. 27, 2023
The VPM Daily Newscast contains all your Central Virginia news in just 5 to 10 minutes. Episodes are recorded the night before.
Here’s a recap of the top stories on the morning of Jan. 27, 2023:
Virginia Democrats reject three abortion restriction bills
Reported by VPM News’ Ben Paviour
A Democrat-controlled Virginia Senate committee struck down three GOP bills Thursday that would have restricted access to abortion.
Warner discusses U.S. debt-ceiling debate
Reported by VPM News’ Jahd Khalil
Democratic Virginia Sen. Mark Warner said Thursday that the GOP hasn’t proposed a plan for spending cuts.
In other news:
- Henrico forms financing authority for arena-anchored GreenCity (Richmond BizSense)
- Company that inspects the Mountain Valley Pipeline has conflict of interest (The Roanoke Times)
- From water to noise to tax revenue: How Amazon's Warrenton data center application has evolved (Prince William Times)
In case you missed it:
- Richmond's murder rate drops while counties see rise (Axios Richmond)
- Supreme Court appoints new judge in hearing on Morrisseys' case (Richmond Times-Dispatch)
- Virginia attorney general accuses former parole chief of misconduct (The Washington Post)