VPM Daily Newscast: Jan. 5, 2024
The VPM Daily Newscast contains all your Central Virginia news in just 5 to 10 minutes. Episodes are recorded the night before.
Here’s a recap of the top stories on the morning of Jan. 5, 2024:
Reported by VPM News’ Dave Cantor
Chief Administrative Officer Lincoln Saunders says a “handful” of city restaurants have been affected by recent collection issues.
The CAO said the city’s “dealing here with a handful of cases that have kind of worked their way through the review and appeals process, haven't been resolved and are where they are.”
Reported by VPM News’ Lyndon German
The case against Richmond’s Jimmie Lee Jarvis is expected to continue in Henrico General District Court next Thursday. The social media personality was charged with making a felony bomb threat in September; a hearing set for December was continued to Jan. 11.
Jarvis’ charges came after a Sept. 22 social media post on the app formerly known as Twitter, that included an image from the 1998 film Rushmore where actor Jason Schwartzman carries a large box labeled “DYNAMITE.”
In other news:
- Report: Shenandoah Valley housing costs could stall economic growth (The Northern Virginia Daily)
- Youngkin's approval rating still high despite election losses (Richmond Times-Dispatch)*
In case you missed it:
- EDA pitching in $1M toward Diamond District ballpark design (Richmond BizSense)*
- Piedmont CASA expanding into Madison County (Madison County Eagle)*
- Leesburg-area landowner donates historic 85-acre plot to become a park (The Washington Post)*
*This outlet utilizes a paywall.