Revolutionizing Dementia Care
Revolutionizing Dementia Care reveals how people living with dementia can still live a full and meaningful life based on their abilities, not their disabilities. Innovative approaches in memory care communities have shown improvements in the well-being of residents as they're included, engaged and supported in social gatherings, clubs, and everyday activities. A revolution is here where people living with dementia get the individual heartfelt care they need.
In our world of dementia, I’ve learned that there are still so, so many things that we can do. We just have to do it different[ly]… I mourn the fact that I can't do a lot of things in life… So, a lot of mentoring is helping people to understand, ‘No you can't do all the things you did do, but you still can do a lot.‘
– Laurie Scherrer • Dementia Advocate and Mentor 8 Living with Early Alzheimer’s and FTD
Thank you so much to the Dementia Action Alliance for their partnership. This film would not have been possible without their support.
We truly appreciate all the residents, families and staff of the following communities.
Their passion and willingness to share what they do was essential to be able to show authentic models of person-centered care. We spent over 20 days filming in these locations and thank them for being so open.
- A.G. Rhodes Health & Rehab • Atlanta, Georgia
- Jill’s House • Bloomington, Indiana
- Larmax Homes • McLean, Virginia
- English Rose Suites • Edina, Minnesota
- Hearthstone • Marlborough, Massachusetts
- Silverado Sierra Vista • Azusa, California
- Westminster-Canterbury on Chesapeake Bay • Virginia Beach, Virginia
- Claremont Manor • Front Porch • Claremont, California