Try these tasty grilled oysters
This chardonnay is so crisp and delicious. It pairs with the oysters just like a sauvignon blanc…PERFECTLY! These grilled oysters are a wonderful way to enjoy oysters this summer, but they can also be baked in the winter!
This recipe appears in Un-Wine’d, which airs Saturdays at 1:00 p.m. on VPM PBS. Watch past seasons and current episodes on the PBS app or PBS website. Check the broadcast schedule for local listings. Discover more recipes here.
What You’ll Need:
- ½ lb butter, room temperature
- 6 cloves garlic, finely minced1/2 t. Smoked paprika
- ½ t. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 t. Tabasco
- 1 bunch Italian parsley, finely minced
- ¼ t. Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 c. freshly grated bread crumbs
- 1 c. freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Zest of one lemon
- Juice of one lemon
- 1 lb oysters, medium size, in juice
- Oyster shells
- 1 lemon cut into wedges for garnish
- Parsley leaves for garnish
Step 1: Preheat the grill to 500 degrees.
Step 2: In a small mixing bowl, mix together the butter, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, Tabasco, parsley, salt, and pepper. In a separate bowl, mix together the breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese, lemon zest and lemon juice. Blend in half of the butter mixture until well blended.
Step 3: Place the oysters in the oyster shells, being sure to also spoon in a bit of their juice to each to keep them moist during cooking. Top each with a spoon of the butter mixture then the crumb and butter mixture.
Step 4: Place the oysters in the shells on the hot grates. Lower the lid and cook for 3 minutes. Oysters cook very quickly. Raise the lid and move to a platter. Serve with lemon wedges and parsley.