Early Childhood: Community Partners and Schools
At VPM, we believe that every child matters and is deserving of opportunities.
The relationship between families, educators and community partners is immeasurable. It is a cornerstone to our children’s success in education and in life by engaging with partners who can help connect critical resources to families and caregivers directly where they live, work, and play creates maximum impact for all children.
VPM is excited to partner with our communities as we all work together towards early learning excellence.
Community Partner Highlights
Our partners are always doing great work to support early learning for children and families. Each quarter, we’d like to shine a light on a specific community partner who contributes to childhood wellbeing and learning.
This Quarter's Featured Partner
Augusta Health Center
“At August Health, contributing to a healthy community is at the heart of everything we do.”
Thank you to Augusta Health Center, for participating in The VPM Basics training for your employees. We are thrilled that you are able to share The Basics messaging and kits with your families through your mobile health unit.
More Featured Partners
Thank you to Wildrock for partnering with VPM to create permanent signage for The Basics at the preschool playground area and bog garden at Booker T. Washington Park and for your dedication to bringing the therapeutic benefits of nature play to children and families throughout our community.
Thank you to Cargill for participating in The VPM Basics training for your employees' families. Thank you for all you are doing with our community to help families thrive and grow.
Birth In Color
Thank you to Birth In Color for participating in The VPM Basics training for families. Thank you for supporting maternal health, dismantling health barriers for Black women and women of color and supporting families with our earliest learners. (Photo: Nicole Totten)
The Market at 25th – We believe community engagement and collective impact is vital to early learning. The Market at 25th is a grocery store committed to supporting its surrounding community. VPM’s relationship with The Market provides an opportunity to combine nutrition and food security in a safe and accommodating space for children and families to enrich their educational experiences. Here, VPM serves as a liaison between schools and community partners to support students and families in a local environment.
School and Community Partners
- Birth In Color: Website | Facebook
- Cargill: Website | Facebook
- Charlottesville City Schools Student & Family Engagement: Website | Facebook
- Child Health Partnership: Website | Facebook
- ChildSavers: : Website | Facebook
- City of Promise: Website | Facebook
- Greater Richmond SCAN: Website | Facebook
- Greater Richmond Trauma-Informed Community Network: PACEs Connection Community
- Hanover Preschool Initiative: Website | Facebook
- Market at 25th, The: Website | Facebook
- Paramount Theater, The: Website | Facebook
- Piedmont Housing Alliance: Website | Facebook
- ReadyKids: Website | Facebook
- Ready Regions: Website
- Rockingham County Schools
- Smart Beginnings Greater Harrisonburg
- Thrive Birth to Five: Website | Facebook
- United Way of Greater Charlottesville: Website | Facebook | Go2grow.com
Meeting Families Where They Are
In partnership with Smart Beginnings Greater Harrisonburg, our team shared The Basics Principles with employees of Cargill, a poultry processing plant in the Harrisonburg region, to encourage child development through everyday activities at home.
In response to community concerns about pandemic learning loss, VPM partnered with Richmond Public Schools and The Market at 25th in Richmond’s East End to simplify preschool enrollment for families in the community with a summer enrollment event on site at the supermarket.