VPM Daily Newscast: Jan. 24, 2023
The VPM Daily Newscast contains all your Central Virginia news in just 5 to 10 minutes. Episodes are recorded the night before.
Here’s a recap of the top stories on the morning of Jan. 24, 2023:
After nearly two decades, close to $1 million in funding remains for the Brown v. Board of Education Scholarship Program.
Gun safety bill clears party-line committee vote
Reported by VPM News’ Ben Paviour
A proposal from Sen. Jennifer Boysko (D-Fairfax) would require adults to store guns and ammunition in separate locked boxes when a minor is in their home.
In other news:
- Henrico schools to add metal detectors next month (Richmond Times-Dispatch)
- Bill to prohibit declawing cats fails in House (Henrico Citizen)
- Consultant ends contract with Petersburg over direction of casino project (The Progress-Index)
In case you missed it:
- Amazon Web Services to invest $35B in Va. data center campuses (Virginia Business)
- Ringo the Patrol Pony is 'mane' attraction at Virginia Tech (The Roanoke Times)